Need help with a Party Wall problem?

Party wall - flat conversion from commercial property
Party wall - boundary lines exterior
Party wall - terraced town houses with party walls
Party wall - external boundary lines on detached properties
If you are a building owner intending to carry out building work which involves one of the following:
Work on an existing wall or structure with another property
Building a free standing wall or a wall of a building up to or astride the boundary line
Excavating near a neighbouring building
Then you must check whether your work requires a Party Wall notice to be served. If it does, you must correctly notify all affected neighbours to avoid the risk of legal action being taken against you fro proceeding with work unlawfully.

Collier Stevens can advise Building Owners of their obligations and then professionally prepare and issue the notices.

If you are an ADJOINING OWNER and have received a notice saying that your neighbour intends to do work described above then it is essential that you respond correctly to avoid prejudicing your position.

Collier Stevens can respond on your behalf to a party wall notice free of charge to ensure that you are properly protected.

You can access our detailed Party Wall pages here or complete the form below to send us details of your Party Wall query, from these we shall either be able to provide a quotation or will contact you to discuss the matter further. Prefer to talk? Please call us on
020 8295 1200.

Guidance notes to help you complete these correctly are here:

How to complete your Party Wall Notices
Party Wall Procedure Flowchart
Important - these templates and notes are provided for you to use strictly without any liability, you are responsible for ensuring that they are correctly completed and served in accordance with the provisions of the Act.

These are offered for non commercial use only, i.e if you are going to charge someone else a fee for using our resources then you shouldn't really use them - contact us for great rates [seriously!]
You may need to use one or more of these templates depending upon your project.
These notices are not the final agreement - you will need one of those professionally prepared if your neighbours object to your work.

The notice is pre-filled with our details, we would love to help you if you are in London and the South East - you do not have to use us, just cross through the details. If you are out of London & the South East you may need a local surveyor - you can still use these notices but just cross through our details, it will not invalidate the notice.

Remember, any error at this stage will invalidate the whole process and you will have to start again - this may mean suspending your building works while you sort it out!

If you're a property professional why not give us a call and see if we can help you out - we work alongside a lot of architects, surveyors, lawyers and developers - and of course our PI covers us for party wall matters!
68 High Street

First Floor, The Old Auction Rooms
Marine Walk Street
CT21 5NW
Founded by Steven Way in 1995, the Collier Stevens practice was born with the specific aim of providing client friendly, easy to understand and fairly charged professional advice.

The Practice is regulated by the RICS & is a licenced provider of RICS HomeBuyer Reports.