Any verified first time buyer will get their survey VAT free so a 20% discount. So, for example, instead of £500, it’ll be £400. That’s £100 you can spend celebrating moving into your new home buying some much needed soft furnishings and accessories – it’s amazing how many first time buyers forget they’ll need curtains or lamp shades!
On top of that, should we find any fault with the property and you choose to look elsewhere, we’ll do your next survey for half price. Get a quote or call 020 8295 1200
And here are our top five essential tips for first time buyers – and they’re not the usual suspects…
- Save some money for lots of cleaning products – don’t expect that your seller will spring clean before they move out. Not everyone is that lucky.
- Light bulbs – another must-have that’s taken for granted. You won’t believe the number of people who take bulbs with them when they move house!
- Lamp shades – it might be an idea to check out some local charity shops for lamp shades. There’s nothing more depressing than a bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling.
- Curtains – if you can, see if your seller will leave what’s there. Who wants to sit in a goldfish bowl on full view to their new neighbours? And it’s an additional cost you can do without.
- Nosey neighbours – they’re guaranteed. It’s lovely though when a new neighbour pops their head in to say hello, so however stressed you are, try to take time for a five-minute chat to introduce yourself and get off to a good start. You never know, they might have some spare lampshades tucked away somewhere!
So much more advice than this available – visit the First Time Buyers Fortnight website where there is much more detailed information available.
Contact Collier Stevens today for more information about the survey discounts – you’ll need to book your survey by the end of February and it will need to be a property in the areas we cover – mainly London and Kent. Our surveyors are of course subject to availability!