… a dynamic Chartered Building Surveyor who could cope with an average basic salary but a higher than average bonus arrangement.
I want to grow my business and see a long term future for the right person.
The type of work will be a varying combination of residential surveys, residential party wall work, public sector project management and disabled access advice and auditing. We mainly provide these services across London and Kent. We do not do any mortgage valuation work or take panel instructions.
We will expect you to be competent in at least two of those fields and probably to have been qualified for a year or two and working in a similar general environment, you will have to do residential pre purchase surveys. The sort of surveyor we need will be friendly, self motivated, practical and have common sense, be confident, competent and committed. We may be able to accommodate a regular part time surveyor.
The position would be based at our Chislehurst office, we’re a small firm so hopefully no office politics and you will have to make the tea occasionally.
Here’s some answers to questions you might have –
- Do I get a car? – possibly, eventually, type of car dependent upon performance. If you can generate enough fees [it’ll need to be a lot, a real lot] to warrant a Porsche then why not?
- What are the office hours? – There aren’t any. You get paid for doing the job and if you want the Porsche there won’t be enough hours between 9 and 5
- Do I get paid overtime? – You are having a laugh
- Do I have to generate business? – If you want the Porsche and decent meals out then yes, if you are happy with a moody ruby and a clapped out Corsa probably not, our bonus scheme can provide a long term reward for those who introduce regular recurring business.
- Do I get a holiday? – of course, 5 weeks plus the bank holidays.
- Can I take an hour or two off to go to my kids sports day? – Family is more important than business. If you’ve got the answers above sorted out we expect you to win the mother or fathers race in our time.
- Can I work from home? – You’ll know the sort of answer by now.
You win, I win, I like that – Steve
Interested, get in touch with me.
By the way I’m interested in hearing from interested candidates only, not agencies, that means no agencies, agents or others hoping to make a commission out of this opportunity.