We have recently updated our popular fixed price service for acting as “Building Owners Surveyor” where residential party wall awards or party wall agreements are required by the Party Wall etc Act. We like to think that our offer, which is limited to residential projects and designed specifically to reduce costs for residential clients on a budget, is professional and great value and low cost rather than “cheap”. It is suitable for works of a straightforward nature such as loft conversions, conservatories, rear and side infill extensions and the like. It is not suitable for major works such as basement construction, although we can provide a bespoke professional fees quotation for more significant works if required.
Our revised offer which is available in most of London and Kent for simple residential works maintains our fixed fee from £795 plus VAT per Party Wall Award for the first two Awards – this circumstance would apply where there are two neighbours and an award is required on both sides, a typical situation for a loft conversion or rear extension.
We have reduced the price for subsequent party wall agreements from £395 plus VAT per Award – further awards may be necessary if there are additional neighbours or the neighbouring property is an apartment block or divided into flats
The fee we charge includes for the following services:
- Prepare and serve party wall notices*
- Prepare a schedule of condition on a single visit to the property
- Prepare party wall award and agree with adjoining owner’s surveyor
- Liaise with next doors surveyor
- Publish award
If we need to research the owners at the Land Registry the cost per enquiry or either title deed or title plan is £5.00 plus VAT. Unlike many surveyors we do not include any time for involvement after publication of award in our fixed fee, additional involvement would be charged at an hourly rate. Our fee is increased by £100 plus VAT for certain London postcode areas.
Should your neighbour be willing to appoint us as agreed surveyor our fixed fee is subject to an additional £100 plus VAT per Award. Using an agreed surveyor is very often the cheapest way of resolving party wall issues.
Need advice about party wall procedure – our flowchart might help!
* this includes notices as may be required under sections 1 [line of junction], 3 [work on party wall or party fence wall] or section 6 [excavation within 3m] of the Party Wall Act. If you prefer to issue your own notices we can provide standard party wall notice forms or templates free of charge on request.