Just to back up the latest depressing data here some real on the ground statistics –
- Our survey instructions, down 70% on last year, our enquiries down 50% on last month.
- Our house plans and extension design and drawing service – enquiries up 150% on last year
- Our Party Wall enquiries up 100% in last year and 60% on last month
So… seems to us that people as well as not moving are deciding to extend and alter their properties instead. Seems there’ll be plenty of cheaper tradesmen now that the house builders are shedding staff like a snakes skin?
Some more stats –
- Number of estate agents closed in my high street last week – 2 (that’ll be 20%)
- Number of deals closing last month through one of my local estate agents with 12 offices – 14, number of deals last this time last year – 52